A volunteer is anyone who, without compensation or expectation of compensation beyond reimbursement, performs a task at the direction of and on behalf of our school.
As a volunteer, I will:
• Work collaboratively with the school faculty and staff
• Serve all students regardless of gender, creed, national origin, marital status, socioeconomic status, or political beliefs
• Respect the diversity of spiritualties in the faith community
• Treat everyone with respect, loyalty, patience, integrity, courtesy, and dignity
• Respect and maintain confidentiality
• Avoid situations where I am alone with individual students
• Use positive reinforcement rather than criticism, competition, or comparison when working with students
• Model healthy and positive behaviors
As a volunteer, I will not:
• Smoke or use tobacco products in the presence of students
• Use, possess, or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs while volunteering
• Procure or provide alcohol and/or controlled substances for students
• Pose any health risk to students (i.e., no fevers or other contagious situations)
• Strike, spank, shake, humiliate, ridicule, or threaten any student
• Use profanity in the presence of students
• Offer gifts to or accept gifts from students without prior written approval from a school administrator
• Engage in physical, sexual, or romantic relationships with any student
As a volunteer, I promise to follow the rules and guidelines in this Volunteer Code of Conduct as a condition of my providing services to the students of Cristo Rey Columbus High School.
I AFFIRM THAT THE INFORMATION I HAVE PROVIDED IN THE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION IS COMPLETE AND TRUTHFUL. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE CODE OF CONDUCT AND COMMIT TO UPHOLD THIS CODE. I UNDERSTAND THAT ANY ACTION INCONSISTENT WITH THIS CODE OF CONDUCT MAY RESULT IN MY REMOVAL AS A VOLUNTEER.
Cristo Rey Columbus High School accepts the service of all volunteers with the understanding that such service is at the sole discretion of our school. Volunteers agree that our school may at any time, for whatever reason, decide to terminate the volunteer relationship.